OpenProject is free and open source project management software. It supports classic, agile as well as hybrid project management. OpenProject enables distributed teams to collaborate throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial planning to project execution and documentation. The software is available in over 30 languages.
Core functions and use cases of OpenProject are:
- Project portfolio management
- Project planning and scheduling
- Task management and issue tracking
- Agile Boards (Scrum and Kanban)
- Requirements management and release planning
- Time and cost tracking, budget planning
- Team collaboration and documentation
The Community edition can be downloaded and installed for free. For enterprise customers, Berlin-based OpenProject GmbH offers a hosted cloud edition as well as an on-premises edition with support, as well premium features, and additional security features.
OpenProject is aimed at companies of any industry and size that manage their own projects and focus on open source and data sovereignty. The company provides special rates for non-profit organizations and educational institutions.